Thursday, September 30, 2010

Peppers a Plenty

I'll admit it. I'm a pepper junky. Sweet peppers, hot peppers, scorching peppers, fried peppers, rajas, pickled jalapenos... I can't get enough of em'... and this means we've got a pepper selection here at the Co-op that can satisfy my (and my coworker/members') cravings.

So, here's our current pepper line-up!

Sweet peppers: We have  Corno di Toro Sweet Frying Peppers (THE grilling pepper) and Jimmy Nardello Sweet peppers (beautiful funky sweet and fruity)

Frying Peppers: We have some excellent local Pasilla Peppers (think rajas and chile rellenos) grown by Ebby's Organics here in Goleta.

Hot & Scorching Hot Peppers: This last week we tried out a new "Mix and Match Hot Peppers" set that everyone seemed to like, so I'm going to try convincing Jack (the farmer) from Ellwood Canyon Farm to sell us another batch of his incredible Cayennes, Hungarian Hot Wax, Jalapenos, and Habaneros.
We also always have Ebby's Organics Jalapenos, which are great too.

Bell Peppers: Even our Bell Peppers are LOCAL. We have Reds, Greens, and some of the most delicious Orange Bell Peppers from Givens Farms. These orange peppers honestly taste like sweet sunshine. I eat them raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment