Monday, November 15, 2010

Organics Unlimited Bananas

So, several people have recently asked me, "Why doesn't the Co-op carry the Fair-trade Bananas anymore?"
The answer is simple, they aren't available through our distributor currently. I'm not sure when they'll be available again to be honest, but in the meantime I have a good alternative.
We currently stock Organics Unlimited G.R.O.W. bananas. They are organic, and while they arent Fair-Trade certified, the G.R.O.W. label follows many of the same ideals as Fair-Trade. Here's a link to their Values.
Bananas Bananas Bananananananas... I'll bring back the Fair-Trade kind as soon as I can :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you have GROW bananas. GROW actually provides more benefits for the workers and the surrounding communities than Fair Trade. They just don't have as big a name. And they're all organic, which isn't required by Fair Trade. Readers can find out more at organicsunlimited.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have GROW bananas at Jimbo's in San Diego, and that's all I purchase! I love what Organics Unlimited is doing with this program. They really care about their workers and their families. Since it is a small business, we really need to advocate for this program and get these bananas in our stores! Not only is GROW an amazing program that helps amazing people, the bananas are also super tasty :)

    ReplyDelete