Thursday, October 21, 2010

Got Squash?

Squash is such a funny word. SQUASH!!! It reminds me of making playdough animals... only to be SQUASHED upon completion. I digress...

We got squash!

The folks at John Given's Farm are cranking out an absolutely gorgeous assortment of hard winter squashes. Butternut, Delicata, Kabocha, Acorn... I'm loading up on all of em' because the price is great! (around $1/lb)

I know I've been overloading on recipes, but how can I deny great recipes submitted by awesome people?
Here's how Julia (one of our sandwich makers/ clerks) made Butternut Squash & Walnut Pasta.

Butternut Squash & Walnut Pasta
Ingredients:
-2 cups butternut squash
-2-3 cloves garlic
-pasta of your choice
-olive oil & butter
-rosemary
-parmesan (optional

1. Sprinkle oil over squash and rosemary in an oven-safe dish. Roast until tender (about 20 minutes)
2. Toast walnut pieces on stovetop
3. Add butter, olive oil & chopped garlic to walnuts. Sautee
4. Toss with squash and pasta.
5 Parmesan it up! Great with white wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment